Texas Utility Permit Requirements

Texas Utility Permit Requirements

Texas Utilities require two things in order to energize a meter or move power to a new business name:

  1. A “Move In Order” (MVI) from a Retail Electricity Provider (REP)
    Once you sign a supply agreement with one of the REPs on 5 Digital Energy’s website, we will submit that order to the associated supplier so they can book it in their system.  This normally takes 2-4 business days with the exception of the Priority Move In option through Green Mountain (PMVI).

  2. Municipality required permits/inspections/Certificates of Occupancy
    Each municipality has different requirements around what a business needs to complete in order to energize their meter.  You will need to reach out to the inspections department of your city or county to find out exactly what is required.  Choose your Utility below to find the contact information for your local inspections department.

We can help you find the best electricity plan in a few clicks

Helpful Articles in our Blog

What is the Difference Between Fixed and Variable Energy Rates?

Choosing between energy providers in a deregulated market can be complicated enough without factorin
Read more

BidURenergy Acquisition

Energy Advisory Firm 5 Acquires BidURenergy and NRG Advisory Services to Significantly Expand Its Pr
Read more

Track Electricity Usage Guide

In an age where resource conservation and financial prudence intersect, understanding our energy con
Read more

Live with 5 Digital Energy: How to Make Smart Energy Choices

View our short yet insightful webinar session for expert advice on navigating today’s complex
Read more

Enter your search term below.