Your privacy matters to 5 Digital Energy, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Information: What We Collect and How We Collect It.
We receive and/or collect Personal Information from you based on the actions you take when you visit the Site. We use this information to measure and improve the service provided to you by the Site in the following ways:
- User Account Information. When you create or reconfigure an account or create an account with a retail energy provider as facilitated through our site, you provide some personal information, such as your name, username, password, email address, or phone number. We may use this information to periodically contact you. We do not sell, rent, or share email addresses and never will.
- Web Browser Cookies, Log-Files, and Tracking Technologies. Our Site uses “cookies”, log-files, and other tracking technologies that are anonymous in nature and do not identify you as an individual. User’s web browser places cookies on their hard drive for record-keeping purposes and sometimes to track information about them. Such information may include your computer IP address, unique mobile device identifier, browser type, ISP or carrier name, and the actions you take on the Site whenever you visit. This information gives us insight into how our users use our Site and our services.
- Clickstream Data. We also obtain data that logs the content on which you click while browsing and records your actions on the Site called clickstream data. Clickstream data can also tell us the type of computer and browsing software you use, the address of the website from which you linked to our Site, and the pages you access on the Site. This information allows us to narrow or limit the advertising materials provided to you based on your prior online activities or preferences.
In addition, if you or a third party sends us a comment, message or other communication (such as, by way of example only, email, letter, fax, phone call or voice message) about you or your activities on or through the Site, then we may collect Personal Information or Non-Personal Information provided therein or therewith.
How We Use Collected Information
We may use Personal Information collected from you in one or more of the following ways:
- to enable site features, and to retrieve and provide analysis of data you choose to enter into the Site,
- to send you important notices, such as communications about changes to your account, and our Site’s and services’ terms, conditions, or policies,
- to solicit input and feedback to improve our Site and services and customize your user experience,
- to enable you to communicate with other Users,
- to contact you via email, telephone, text, or chat in a manner required by law,
- to meet contractual obligations,
- to send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, newsletters, support, administrative messages, and service bulletins, By providing us your email address when creating a user account or registering for our newsletters you explicitly agree that we may send you such updates, newsletters, and requests,
- to inform you about new products or promotional offers, or other opportunities which we feel will be of interest to you, and to provide advertisements to you through our Site, email messages, text messages, applications, or other methods of communication,
- to manage our Site’s administration, forum management, or fulfillment,
- to provide customer service and technical support,
- to administer surveys, sweepstakes, giveaways, contests, or similar promotions or events sponsored by us or our partners,
- for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and communications,
- to allow you to sign up for special offers from third parties through our sites,
- to use anonymized personal information to run (or authorize third parties to run) statistical research on individual or aggregate trends.
In addition to the uses described above, we may use Personal Information that we collect for other purposes that are disclosed to you at the time we collect the information, or with your consent.
Sharing Personal Information
We may share Personal Information about you with third parties in the following circumstances:
- We may engage third parties to perform services on our behalf, including maintenance services, hosting, data storage, security, analytics, and data analysis, payment processing, assisting in marketing efforts, email and text message distribution, customer service, providing certain interactive tools, and conducting surveys and sweepstakes.
- Your Personal Information and the contents of all your online communications on or through our Site may be accessed and monitored as necessary to operate our Site, and may be disclosed:
- to satisfy any applicable laws or regulations,
- to defend ourselves in litigation or regulatory action,
- when we have a good faith belief that we are required to disclose the information in response to legal process (for example, a subpoena, court order, or search warrant),
- where we believe our Site is being used in the commission of a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to exchange information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and risk management, and
- when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health and/or safety of you, another person, or the public generally.
- In addition to the instances described above, we may share Personal Information that we collect in a manner disclosed to you at the time we collect the information, or with your consent.
We do not limit the ways in which we may use or share Non-Personal Information – and we reserve the right, but not the obligation, to use or share Non-Personal Information because that information does not identify you.
We may retain your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information for as long as it is reasonably necessary for a legitimate business purpose. We may dispose of or delete any such Personal Information or Non-Personal Information at any time, except as required by law.
In connection with any transaction that you conduct on, through or in relation to the Site, you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to the transaction, including, without limitation, your driver’s license number, your social security number, your billing address, your service address, your phone number and/or your email address and information relating to your utility services. By submitting such information, you consent to us providing such information to third parties (e.g., energy service providers) for the purpose of facilitating the transaction.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and generally accepted industry standards such as Amazon RDS encryption and SSL certificates for security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your Personal Information and data stored on our Site.
We use the information we have to help verify accounts and activity, and to promote safety and security on and off of the services provided by the Site, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies.
To help maintain the security of your Personal Information, we ask that you notify us immediately of any unauthorized visit, access or use of the Site, or the loss or unauthorized use of your access information for the Site (e.g., user name or password).
Collection of Information by Third-Party Sites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that links to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites that have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
By using the Site, you agree that we may send you notifications regarding the Site, our services, third-party’s notifications and/or advertisements, and requests to rate our Site. You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising, or activity-related emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of emails/notifications that you receive from us.
Opting Out of Requested Communications: Requested communications include, for instance, email newsletters that may be expressly requested by you or that you consented to receive. After you request or receive such communications, you may “opt-out” of receiving them by using one of the following methods:
- Select the email “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” link or follow the opt-out instructions included in each email communication.
- To unsubscribe from text messages delivered to mobile devices, reply to the message with the words “STOP” or “END.”
- Return to the web page(s) where you originally registered your preferences and follow the opt-out instructions.
- Contact us. Please provide your name, contact information, and specific relevant information that you no longer wish to receive and submit it to email@example.com.
If you are a registered user of the services provided by the Site, we provide you with tools and account settings to access, correct, delete, or modify the personal information you provided to us and associated with your account.
To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any inaccuracy in your Personal Information that we may be storing, or otherwise amend or delete your Personal Information, you may submit a request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should include adequate details of your request.
The Site is not directed to children under 18 years of age, let alone children under the age of 13 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years. If you are under 13, please do not disclose or provide any information.
If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected Personal Information through the Site from a person under thirteen years of age, then we will use reasonable efforts to refrain from further use of such Personal Information.
Unless our sites and services contain the “Privacy Rights for California Minors in the Digital World” supplemental terms, our sites and services do not collect age from users under 18. If you reside in California and are a minor (you are under 18 years of age) and you are using a site or service that collects your age as a registration requirement and you submit content, please follow the instructions on the supplemental terms to request removal of public content.
Do Not Track Notices
We do not currently respond or take any action with respect to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services. We may allow third parties, such as ad servers, to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites when a consumer uses the Site.
Your California Privacy Rights
We are not subject to regulation under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Therefore, even if you are a California resident and we may have personal information about you that is the type of the information subject to the CCPA, the CCPA is not applicable to us or to our relationship with you. However, if you are a resident of the State of California and we have an established business relationship with you, then, pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, you have the right to request the following at any time: (a) information from us free of charge regarding the manner in which we share certain personal information collected through the Site with third parties who use such information for direct marketing purposes; and (b) the discontinuation (or opt-out) of our sharing of such information with such third parties. Please submit any such request (“California Privacy Rights Request”) by writing to us.
When writing to us, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body or subject line of your request and include (i) the name of the site about which you are contacting us, (ii) any unique site identifier associated with you (like member number or forum handle), (iii) your name, and (iv) your contact information. Please submit requests by email to email@example.com and allow 30 days for a response. We will not accept requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
You are solely responsible for the accuracy and content of your personal information, and for keeping your personal information current and correct.
Users located in countries other than the United States.
We are headquartered in the United States of America and all our servers are located in the United States. For that reason, any personal information you provide to us will be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States. By providing us with personal information, you consent to the storage or processing of your personal information in the United States and acknowledge that the personal information will be subject to the laws of the United States, including the ability of governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of the United States to obtain disclosure of your personal information.
In the Event of a Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
Your Acceptance of These Terms
4545 Fuller Dr.,
Irving, TX 75038
Last revised: April 1, 2023